Jack has a wonderful creative spirit that I just love. Yesterday in the car within 10 minutes he drew "The Monster Attack". Tonight at bedtime he drew and wrote the next two stories. This is the child I wondered if he would ever hold a pencil, know his colors, or even write his name! I try to encourage his creative nature. Since he hasn't been a big fan of reading lately, I started asking him to try to write stories. At least he has to come up with words. Then he reads them to me. I am going to try to scan in all the stories and pictures he draws. He checked out some drawing books from the library and looks at them often. He even asked for a compass. I had to remind him that a compass is a tool and not a toy and that he needs to take care of it. I found my grandfather's old compass in the basement and passed it onto him. Only God knows where Jack's creativity is to go. I can enjoy and encourage the gift. Enjoy the gifts your children have no matter what they may be! God bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment