Way to go Brady!
Yes, watch out! 8 year old with a hammer! We are in the process of getting new flooring for our kitchen. The tile started cracking this year and finally parts were actually coming up. Lucky for us we had two layers of tile to deal with! So we went out to get quotes for removal of this existing tile so we could install something new. After I received the scary numbers back, I decided..... I can do this myself! Why not! I can use the extra money I save for some new cabinets (to hide more of my stuff). So I started with the hammer technique and started breaking tiles. Well, in the meantime, Brady asked if he could help. At first, I was thinking..."No, you better not." Then...I thought.."Why not?" I had an extra set of safety glasses and a hammer. The rest is history. He started banging away and I started sweeping up! We were quite the team. We got almost half the floor done before dad got home. To our surprise and delight, the second layer just come off like "butter"! No effort at all. Brady kept saying, "I'm really good at this mom". And yes, he was! But "destruction" is a little boy's middle name. They can demo anything before you know it - remembe days of block towers? It was work, but we had fun. It's nice to see your kids want to help and be part of what you are doing. So the next time your kids ask if they can help... stop and think and find a way to include them. That's how they learn, plus they get time with you! Win, win! I'll keep you posted on the kitchen. Maybe by next Wednesday we'll have a new floor! God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment